Start of stripping the front end

So today I got some time to do some more to the lightweight.

First things first, the workshop was a tip after a lot of other work going on and little time to tidy up, so I spent half the day putting tools away, clearing rubbish and running a trip to the weighbridge with a trailer full of scrap. Shame – price of scrap has gone down again, so we didn’t get as much as I thought we would, but at least there’s some room cleared and a bit of cash generated.

Back to the work on the lightweight.

Time now to look at getting the front end stripped down. I decided to strip from the outside inwards and take the wings off first.
This meant disconnecting and stripping out the wiring loom to the lights, undoing all the P clips for the wiring, including the aerial cabling (it’s and FFR), removing the windscreen washer bottle, the air filter box and struggling with bolts that have been in place since 1976.

To get the wiring loom out meant pulling it back through the front panel from the nearside to the offside. At the same time, I decided to start on the front panel and took the oil cooler out.

A few shots from today:

IMG_6323

IMG_6324

IMG_6326

IMG_6328

IMG_6330

IMG_6331

IMG_6329

IMG_6332

IMG_6335

IMG_6334

IMG_6336

IMG_6338

IMG_6337

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: